Beaumont Scout Reservation
Rock Creek, OH 44084
Beaumont Scout Reservation is a full-service Scout Reservation with forests, fields, wetlands and lakes, sitting on 1,260 acres along the Grand River in Rock Creek, Ohio, (approximately 40 miles east from downtown Cleveland, Ohio). It began operating as a Scout Camp in 1946 and has grown into a year-round facility with camping for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and families. It features five separate camps:
- Camp McIntosh features 12 lodges sleeping 28-36 with full kitchens and heat and pot belly stoves. It also houses the camp's brand-new swimming pool.
- Camp Broadbent features 11 tent campsites, a shower house, the trading post, a climbing tower, a High and Low COPE course, archery, shotgun and rifle ranges, amphitheater, health lodge and Environmental Resource Center. During April–October, an additional 8 family cabins are available with bathrooms, heat and small kitchens sleeping 6. The area also features Lake Klein, which supports fishing, boating and jet skis, offered during Summer Camp.
- Camp McCahill features 11 tent campsites and a reception building.
- Camp Gray (Cub World) is a separate camp within Beaumont Scout Reservation designed especially for the Cub Scout camper. The area features a Climbing Fort, Obstacle Course, Baseball Diamond, Sledding Hill, Shooting Ranges, Basketball Court, Pavilion, and Activity Center. The Cub Activity Center features a large area for inside events and crafts, as well as a full kitchen, heated and flush facilities. The Activity Center is available for unit or event rental, but is not designed for overnight accommodations. The Pavilion has picnic tables for 150 , electric lights and a fire ring on its south side. The area has both a covered Archery and BB Gun Range for Tiger Cubs to Webelos Scouts. Beginning in 2012, both ranges have electricity and lighting.
- Beaumont Village is a family-style campground within Beaumont Scout Reservation available to Scout and non-Scout groups, with accommodations for RVs and Tents, and also contains a picnic shelter and full shower facilities.
- The Augustus Dining Hall in Camp Broadbent is named after Cleveland businessman Ellsworth Hunt Augustus who served as tenth President of the Boy Scouts of America and contains dining facilities with a full kitchen, and a training center. The training center is the headquarters for the council's Wood Badge and NYLT training.
Simply stated, BSR has the facilities for your unit, family, group, or training!
Scout's Own Maple Syrup
The Scout’s Own Maple Syrup program is possible because of the numerous number of maple trees at Beaumont. Several years ago, the Council was approached by some entrepreneurs who leased the trees on the north side of the main road for Maple Sap production. After several years of observing their process, we learned that we could manage the process ourselves. Through a generous gift from the Gries family, we were able to purchase the equipment to get the Scout’s Own Maple Syrup Program up and running. Beaumont has around 9,200 taps in this section of the woods, meaning in an ideal year we can produce up to 150,000 gallons of maple sap. This, in turn, means close to 2,700 gallons of Scout’s Own Maple Syrup. Scouts in the Lake Erie Council who sell Scout’s Own Maple Syrup will have a direct connection to the environment in which it is produced.
Each summer when the staff returns, tents go up, knots get tied, and Beaumont transforms into the premier Boy Scout Summer Camp of Northeast Ohio. Scouts from across the nation travel to Rock Creek to experience the best of Scouting, such as the Sizzler (our over-water zipline), ATVs, rock climbing, shooting sports, welding, handicrafts, agriculture, technical trades, boating and swimming, and, of course, their favorite skits and songs. Beaumont Summer is also available to Venturing Crews looking for some more adventure in their summer! Learn More!
Donate to Beaumont
The incredible facilities and programs at Beaumont are made possible by generous donors and volunteers. Are you interested in helping to provide the next 100 years of service to Scouts in Northeast Ohio at Beaumont? Our professional staff would love to talk to you!