Webelos Exploration Camp
Note that due to a change in National policy, any adult staying more than 72-hours (non-consecutive) at camp must be both registered as an Adult Leader in Scouting, AND have completed Youth Protection Training prior to arriving at camp. Webelos Exploration Camp is longer than 72-hours in total.
Safety of our campers is of paramount importance.
Webelos Exploration Camp is the premier summer camp destination for Webelos and Arrow of Light Scouts. Learn important Scouting Skills, with a S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics) twist! Campers will learn what it will take to be a great Boy Scout. They'll test their bodies & minds in areas like Backcountry Science, Strength & Speed Building, Building & Engineering, & Fluid Dynamics.
Each evening Scouts will participate in evening program around camp before heading back to their campsite where everyone stays in two-person wall tents. Tents are provided with cots and mattresses, and are on a platform off the ground. If you would prefer to sleep in your own tent, please do!
WEBELOS EXPLORATION CAMP PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- A four-night camping experience
- Scouts choose their own morning programs
- Evening programs like campfires, skits, and songs
- Exciting activities including Climbing & Rappeling, Swimming, Boating, Shooting Air Rifles and Archery, Fishing, Nature Hikes, Games, and Laughter
- Scout Skills Triads: Master the basics to be the best Boy Scout ever!
- Unique Honor Camper & Recognition Program: The Tribe of A'chawi
This program is designed for Webelos & Arrow of Light Scouts going into the 4th & 5th grades in the fall of 2018.
What makes Webelos Exploration Camp different?
Lake Erie Council is doing something unique that you won't find at any other Webelos camp. We provide more than just a Cub Scout Resident experience with a bow on top. A Scout's years of being a Webelos or Arrow of Light Scout are some of the most crucial in their Scouting career. At Firelands, they get something special — a taste of what they’ll experience as a Boy Scout.
The difference starts with the camp property itself. Webelos have the entire Camp Wyandot to themselves. Camp Wyandot used to host Boy Scout Resident Camp, so it is a full-featured camp that is bigger, better, and has all the program areas that Cubs lust after. Areas like our climbing and rappelling tower, full archery and air rifle ranges, campfire amphitheater and large lake are huge hits. Plus they get an extra day — five days at camp!
Rather than traveling around as a Pack or Den all day, Webelos get to choose their morning program as an individual. They dive deep into one of the program areas each morning that they’re most interested in like Aquatics, STEM, Shooting Sports, Outdoor Skills, and more. This gives them some autonomy, and shows trust that they can take care of themselves as their growing up.
In the afternoon, they go through our Scout Skills Triads as a Pack before free time. These are focused lessons and activities about what Boy Scouts need to know right away. We introduce these programs so that each Scout feels comfortable about the transition, and have a leg up on skills like first aid, citizenship, and leadership.
Finally, some activities aren’t appropriate for Cub Scouts, but Webelos are finally able to do! They can rappel off the climbing tower, shoot air rifles rather than BB guns, and jump on the giant Blob launcher in aquatics! Webelos truly get more out of Exploration Camp!
Firelands Scout Reservation adheres to the stringent National Camp Accreditation Program standards, and is assessed by an accreditation team each summer. FSR was fully accredited in 2017!
Tribe of A'chawi
The Tribe of A’Chawi is the honor camper recognition program designed to encourage campers to come back summer after summer. Campers complete scouting spirit and woodsman skills throughout the week to be checked off by their adult leader. Candidates must also participate in the Test of the Tribe of A’Chawi. Campers work on the requirements for the number of years they have attended a Cub Scout Resident Camp (i.e. If this is their third summer of resident camp, they work on the Medicine Man rank.)
What are parents saying about camp?
"Live entertainment, great food, everyone loved it"
"Songs, Order of Noodle, etc. all top-notch!"
"Boys thoroughly enjoyed camp. Adults gave it a 5/5!"
"Very well organized. Cannot praise staff enough."
$100 per Adult
Free adult spots if bringing multiple Scouts to camp! One Den Chief may also attend for free!
Early Bird: $225 per Scout
(if paid in full by May 1st)
Regular Price: $250 per Scout
Webelos Resident Camp 2018 Registration Process
Have an existing summer camp registration? Click here to access it.
The 2018 Reservation Process
Our 2018 Summer Camp registration platform is totally online giving you 100% control of your registration. Under this system there are two registration periods, a “Pre-Registration” period and a regular “Registration” period.
- Pre-Registration Period (January 1, 2018 to February 28, 2018) For Units that register during this period a $200 deposit and an estimate of Youth & Adult attendance is required. This $200 deposit is put toward your final camp balance.
- Registration Period (March 1 to June 1, 2018) For Units that register during this period, Units will need to pay a minimum of $200 deposit, and will need to specify the number of participants (youth & adult) needed for summer camp.
- Any Unit may make a registration for any available session of Webelos Resident Camp. A $25 fee per participant will be due at that time, and the Unit is now financially responsible for the number of participants requested.
- Individual names do not have to be specified at this time but can be if the Unit chooses to do so.
- Units may add new participants (if space is available) or reduce the number of existing participants (subject to the LEC Payment & Refund Policy) until the week before their session of camp. Reducing your number of participants needs to be done by a LEC employees. Please call us at (216) 458-8904. Units may make changes to existing participants until midnight on the Friday before their arrival at camp.
- Estimate Confirmation (3/1 to 6/1, 2018) – Units that made their reservation during the Pre-Registration period are required to confirm their estimated numbers (based on camp availability) and the Unit will be financially responsible for each confirmed participant. A $50 payment per Scout will be due at the time of confirmation. Do not confirm a participant unless you have a committed camper.
- Early Bird Pricing Due & Morning Program Selection Available – May 1, 2018
- For existing reservations, the final Scout balance (after the deposit) is now due for each participant reserved to receive Early Bird Pricing. Early Bird pricing will not be applied to payments made after May 1st.
- All participant names and information are required at this time.
- Selection for each Scout’s morning program will become available. Some programs will have limited availability. We do not recommend registering an entire Den or Pack for the same program on the same day. Each Scout should have the opportunity to explore what interests them, and to meet Scouts from other Units.
- Final Payment and Registration Information Due – June 1, 2018
- Unit must finalize all participant names by this time.
- Full payment for all camp fees is now due, including adults.
- T-Shirt Pre-Order Due – June 7, 2018
- To place an order with enough time to get them before camp, all t-shirt pre-orders must be selected on your registration by June 7th.
- After this time, no changes will be able to be made to t-shirt selection, and additional t-shirt purchases will need to be made at the trading post during summer camp.
- T-shirts will be organized and ready for pick up at check-in of your session.
Any changes to the number of slots after May 31st will need to be administered by an LEC employee by calling existing participants until midnight on Friday before their arrival at camp. prior to your arrival at camp. Units may make changes to
View and print a full up-to-date matrix by week by clicking here!
Check the matrix by campsite below to see which which campsites are available for your week!