In the Boy Scouts of America, a charter authorizes an organization to operate Scouting units. It certifies the agreement between a chartered organization – an organization that agrees to utilize Scouting as a part of its service to youth– and the Boy Scouts of America, setting expectations for the quality of program to be delivered. Charters are issued annually; hence, chartered organizations must submit an application to the Council annually to renew its charter.
We refer to this annual renewal as “RECHARTERING.” It is the goal of the Lake Erie Council to ensure that the charter renewal process is efficient and streamlined for our units. Resources and links to the online charter renewal system will be available in early September of each year.
Helpful Recharter Resources
- BSA Youth - http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/524-406A.pdf
- BSA Adult - http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/524-501.pdf
- Explorer Youth - http://www.exploring.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/EXPL-Youth-App-619579.pdf
- Explorer Advisor - http://www.exploring.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/EXPL-Adult-App.pdf
- Journey to Excellence - http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Awards/JourneyToExcellence.aspx
- Youth Protection Training - http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection.aspx